Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm way more destructive than you give me credit for but not anymore

There's a fire inside
I can't seem to swallow.
There's instinct in my veins
I just can't ignore.

I'll tear you apart
Just give me the honor.
I'm warning you now
Don't let me through the front door.

The glasses,
The dishes,
The brick,
The wood floor,
Your values,
Your virtues,
Smashed.
Torn.
Forced
On your knees,
Whispering please.

Is it Mercy you want?
Cause I'm an Angel, sweetheart,
With grace in my fingers
And charms on my wrist.
I can grant you relief
But you have to beg for it.

With my foot on your neck
And my breath in your ear
There's no rationale here,
Only pleasure and pain
With nothing to gain
Except a sly smile
And the remainder of survival.

Eyes toward the sky,
Lungs in my chest,
Inhaling the smoke,
Savoring this unholy mess.

Past the red
There's a lot of black
Where the darkness blurs the lines.
My hands are covered in blood
And I don't know if it's yours or if it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment